SPRA – Virtual Program and Event Assistant
Closes on: August 15, 2021
Term Position (14 weeks)
Contract Length: September 9 – December 17, 2021 (Negotiable)
Employment Site: SPRA Regina Office or Remote Options Available
Are you committed and passionate about making an impact through recreation?
If you answered yes, the Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA) would love to hear from you! We are seeking a motivated and energetic individual to fulfill the responsibilities of the Virtual Program and Event Assistant position this Fall. The position will be committed to supporting the efforts and outcomes aligned with our Youth Engagement Consultant and our Adult Learning Team.
We welcome and encourage youth (ages 18 – 30), who may be facing employment barriers, to apply. The position will strengthen existing skills and provide opportunities to gain new experiences that will support future career aspirations. The successful candidate will obtain direct project management, client service, communication, research and writing experiences.
Our ideal candidate for this position will:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (as either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or is a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
- Have knowledge of the benefits, principles and practices in parks and recreation.
- Have a minimum of 4 months of experience with a strong understanding of the purpose, intent and activities associated with program planning and coordination of virtual events.
- Possess experience working within an office setting and administrative procedures.
- Having obtained or be working towards a degree or diploma in Kinesiology or Recreation Administration, Child or Adult Education, Communications and Public Relations, or Event Planning and Coordination would be an asset, but is not required.
- Already possess or show a desire to learn skills and abilities relating to virtual training and engagement practices.
SPRA is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the Province that we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those who self-identify through their application as having barriers to employment, including youth living in rural or remote locations, Indigenous youth, LGBTQ2+ youth, visible minorities (youth), youth living with a disability, youth who are recent immigrants and/or refugees, etc.
This position is funded through a partnership with the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association under the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy initiative.
For more information, download the complete job description.
SPRA thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail by 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 15, 2021:
Karen House (she/her)
Consultant – Leadership, Evaluation and Human Resources
Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
#100-1445 Park Street
Regina, SK S4N 4C5