Special Olympics Saskatchewan – Marketing and Development Coordinator
Closes on: October 27, 2021
Special Olympics Saskatchewan is dedicated to enriching the lives of individuals with an intellectual disability through sport.
Special Olympics is more than an event – Special Olympics Saskatchewan delivers world-class sport programs to people with intellectual disabilities, daily in communities across Saskatchewan.
Special Olympics is funded through corporate sponsors, individual donors, Federal funding, the Sask Lotteries system and carries out fundraising through partnerships and special events to achieve our mission.
Our vision is that sport will open hearts and minds towards people with intellectual disabilities and create inclusive communities all across Saskatchewan.
EMPOWERMENT: We create opportunities to pursue full potential.
EXCELLENCE: We elevate standards and performance.
RESPECT: We operate in an environment of cooperation, collaboration and dignity.
DIVERSITY: We honour what is unique in each individual.
INCLUSION: We foster inclusive communities.
Because of these values, we welcome applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds to apply and we explore all applicants using inclusive hearts and minds. We invite our team members to be their full selves at our organization.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Development and within the strategic mandate of Special Olympics Saskatchewan the Marketing & Development Coordinator plans and executes fundraising activities including events, sponsorship, grant procurement, planned giving and community and donor based initiatives. The Marketing & Development Coordinator will manage organizational marketing initiatives and social media.
1. Responsibility and Authority Fundraising & Special Events
- Planning and management of Provincial and National fundraising events.
- Planning and management of Special Events such as sponsorship appreciation events and Annual Awards Banquet.
- Liaise with event volunteers and organizing committees.
- Oversee event logistics, human resources and communications.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the Athlete Leadership training programs.
2. Marketing & Communications
- Membership communications.
- Lead digital and social media content and maintenance.
- Support Provincial marketing and communications initiatives.
- Support media relations and communications.
3. Grant & Foundation Procurement
- Research and align applicable grants and foundations with organizational and community programs.
- Grant & Foundation applications, compliance and follow-ups.
4. Third Party, National and Special Olympics Community Based Fundraising
- Research and assessment of fundraising opportunities.
- Establishment of provincially driven community fundraising activities.
- Assist with third party fundraising activities including but not limited to motionball, National Campaigns, Law Enforcement Torch Run, etc.
- Community fundraising assistance.
- Meet compliance needs of sponsors and campaigns.
- Participation in other fundraising activities, sponsor relationships and other duties as required.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
The following requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill and ability required to perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in fundraising for nonprofit organizations.
- Experience in grant and proposal writing.
- Proficient in media platforms.
- Strong verbal and exemplary written communication skills.
- Commitment to working as part of a team.
Education and Experience
- Degree or certificate in business or communications an asset.
- 1-3 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge and abilities in office administration, accounting policies and procedures.
- A working knowledge of computers, particularly spreadsheet and database applications.
- Having a curious nature and a basic knowledge and understanding of research skills is important.
- The individual should be self-motivated, a self-starter and capable of working independently without constant supervision.
- Must be able to interact and work closely with senior people within and outside the organization.
- Ability to travel to attend meetings and events.
- Experience in not-for-profit work will be advantageous.
Additionally, the candidate needs to have an understanding of the vision, mission, and values which are the primary focuses of Special Olympics Saskatchewan and the candidate needs to demonstrate compassion to the membership Special Olympics Saskatchewan serves.
While performing the duties of this position, typically office and administrative tasks make up the majority of the work. Weekend and evening work is required to maintain programs and meet the needs of the organizational membership. Travel is required periodically to be present among the communities delivering Special Olympics programs, fundraising events and organizational meetings.
- The Marketing & Development Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Development, and works very closely with and in support of other provincial office staff.
- The Marketing & Development Coordinator works with and in support of Special Olympics Community volunteers & athletes and in cooperation with external marketing, fundraising, and sponsorship stakeholders as required.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the role and the general nature and level of work performed by this position within the organization. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position. Management may amend description from time to time as required to suit growth and changes in the organization.
To apply, send resume to Victoria Lacelle at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27, 2021.