Saskatchewan Team Handball Federation – Summer Program Coordinator
Saskatchewan Team Handball Federation is the sole governing body for team handball in Saskatchewan and it is our aim to develop and promote this amateur sport in the province. This volunteer association provides leadership, consultation and resources to the members within the framework of achieving the overall mission of The Saskatchewan Team Handball Federation. The federation currently has more than 600 registered members and provides development opportunities for volunteers, players, coaches, referees and administrators.
We are currently seeking multiple Summer Program Coordinators to join our team based out of the following areas:
The Saskatchewan Team Handball Federation Summer Program Coordinator is available to youth only ( 30 years old and younger) and could lead to part time work until February 2021.
Summer Program Coordinator are responsible for the local delivery of children handball initiatives. These individuals are the driving force behind the member development program and are the keys to the growth of participation at the youth level. Saskatchewan Team Handball Federation is seeking passionate and committed individuals with impeccable organizational and interpersonal skills who have experience working with both children.
This position often works with organizations such as recreation centers, summer camps, community centers, before and after school programs, churches and multisport organizations to deliver team handball initiatives relating to physical literacy and physical education requirements. They distribute information and organize team handball projects, camps, programs and instructor training.
Job Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Obtaining a working knowledge of Saskatchewan Mini Handball including the curriculum, resources and materials, online resources, etc.
- To become familiar with Saskatchewan Mini Handball’s role in the Provincial member development plan and develop a full understanding of the STHF Operational Plan.
- Coordinating, delivering and promoting relevant activities, classes and events, often within a specific community or to targeted groups.
- Evaluating and monitoring activities and projects using performance indicators. Reporting progress through online reporting and written reports to the Saskatchewan Team Handball Federation
- Excellent organizational ability and effective communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of sports development principles.
- Awareness of key issues relating to growing the game of team handball in Saskatchewan.
- Awareness of the sport delivery system in Saskatchewan.
- Decision Making – Ability to make decisions and analyze impact in relation to outcomes.
- Self Development – Keep up to date with the latest issues, trends and advances in the field of sport development.
- Customer Orientation – Provide a professional, polite and high quality service.
- Motivation – You create a good team spirit and know how to motivate others.
- Forward thinking – Ability to plan ahead to ensure effective programming.
- Communicates consistently in a positive and influential manner.
- Ensures relevant information is communicated to the right people, in the right style, at the right time.
- Builds productive working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Works with others in a manner which gives them confidence in your intentions.
- Understands and meets the needs of others.
- Develop and supports collaborative working across and within teams.
- Facilitates the completion of team goals.
- Values and makes use of the skills, knowledge and experience of all the teams they work with.
- Maintains a high standard of work and seeks to continuously improve.
- Focuses personal attention on the specific details that are critical to achieving results.
- Two Positions Available in Saskatchewan with travel expected.
- Saskatoon – serving Saskatoon and northern half of the province
- Regina – serving Regina and southern half of the province
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to:
Jordan Astrope – Admin Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with Summer Program Coordinator in the subject line