Saskatchewan Soccer Association – Technical Operations and Coach
We are looking for an energetic and determined person to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the game, a strong desire to learn and a commitment to high standards.
Position Title: Technical Operations & Coach
Terms of Employment: Fulltime
Reports to: Director of Soccer
Purpose of Position
Technical Coordinator & Coach (TOC) is responsible for assisting SSA in upholding the principles of Long-Term Player Development and goals of the Whole of Soccer Plan aligned to the SSA Strategic Plan. TOC will provide operational support to SSA programs and competitions. The TOC will also be an active coach and support on-field programs such as the SK Regional Excel Centre (REX).
KEY POSITIONAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Priority focus will be on-field support for the female SK REX Program and support to EXCEL programs as a member of the EXCEL Coaching Staff
Competitions and Events
- Provide support and logistics for SSA Competitions and Events
- Monitor, maintain, and enforce policy requirements
- Support and work with the host organizing committee and liaise with host communities, member organizations and participants
- Develop and maintain competition related materials such as rulebooks, policies, and forms
- Assist with the planning, booking and relevant communications for Multi-Sport Games
- Support operational aspects of the Multi-Sport Games Program
- Program information creation, information releases and update SSA Website with relevant information
- Contact point for player absences and injuries and coordinate information with the coaches
Canada Soccer National/Regional Club Championships
- Liaise with Canada Soccer and with SSA representative teams to ensure the successful participation in CSA National Club Championships
- Organize all logistical arrangements for SSA representatives and teams participating in the National Club Championships in conjunction with Canada Soccer staff
- Support the application process and work with the host organizing committee to successfully secure and deliver CSA National Club Championships hosted in Saskatchewan
- Tracking and Reporting Outputs and Outcomes – aligned to the SSA’s Strategic Plan and in pursuit of operational and strategic outcomes and strategies, the TOC is responsible for tracking and reporting on all outputs and outcomes within areas of responsibility
- Support to all SSA technical programs and other responsibilities commensurate with the skill set of the successful candidates, as assigned by the Director of Soccer and Executive Director.
The Saskatchewan Soccer Association (SSA) is one of the largest sport governing bodies in Saskatchewan, serving over 42,000 Indoor and Outdoor registrants across more than 60 Member Organizations. The SSA is a dynamic and growing organization that takes pride in delivering quality programs and services that encourage life-long participation in the world’s most popular sport.
SSA is a Mission driven organization that values diversity, inclusivity and integrity. We encourage applications from any interested applicant eligible to work in Canada. Come join our incredible staff and help continue to elevate soccer in Saskatchewan. We encourage any interested individual to apply, even if they do not meet all of the minimum requirements.
- Ability to problem solve and plan effectively.
- Proven track record of successfully working in a team environment.
- Ability to overcome issues by using strong organizational, relationship building and communication skills.
- Professionalism in everything you do from speaking with athletes and parents to interacting with our National Sport Organization and Member Organizations
- Resourcefulness and an ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Administration, Recreation Management, Physical Education, Business Administration, or other related field would be an asset or a significant combination of education and work experience in related fields.
- Desire to grow as a coach – ideal candidate would possess Canada Soccer C License in training, trained or certified
- Good knowledge of the soccer industry
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours,
- Reliable transportation, and valid driver’s license
- Clean Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Verification
Apply by email including resume and cover letter to Doug Pederson, SSA Executive Director, at email@example.com
Details on salary and SSA’s comprehensive benefits and pension plan will be provided to those selected to an interview. Interviews will be scheduled as qualified applicants become available. This posting will remain open until a qualified applicant is found. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.