Saskatchewan Soccer Association – Administrator, Member Service
Terms of Employment: Full-time
Starting Salary Range: $42,500-$50,000 based on education and experience
Reports to: Executive Director
The Saskatchewan Soccer Association (SSA) is one of the largest sport governing bodies in the province serving over 40,000 Indoor, Outdoor, Futsal, Beach and Walking Soccer registrants across 60+ Member Organizations. SSA is a dynamic and growing organization that takes pride in delivering quality programs and services that encourage life-long participation in the world’s most popular sport.
The successful candidate will provide a professional level of administrative support and office management services that will contribute to SSA’s ability to carry out their responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner. In particular, the Member Services Administrator will provide administrative support to the financial and member services areas of the organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
The AMS will act as the registrar of the Association. In that role they will oversee the registration, receipt of payment and reconciliation of fees for all SSA participants.
- working with staff, design and implement the registration processes for all SSA participants and events;
- support preparation of and maintain seasonal registration and statistical reports; develop standardized reporting processes; analyze and share relevant data
- provide information to support SSA budget projections related to member registration
- process Association memberships;
- ensure the receipt and reconciliation of all membership fees;
- receive payment and issue receipts via SMS for related membership and event fees and tax purposes;
- facilitate membership transfer requests;
- facilitate membership travel permits;
- enforce registration policy and deadline requirements and process late charges related to membership fees as applicable;
- be knowledgeable of all SSA policy and practices so that they can be clearly communicated to members.
Sport Management System (SMS)
SSA works with a centralized online registration and sport management system (SMS) in partnership with RAMP. The AMS will be responsible for supporting the ongoing management of this web-based system working closely with RAMP, SSA staff and members to maximizing its potential.
- become fully trained in all aspects of RAMP for online registration of participants, and organizations;
- obtain and process data for all participant reporting capabilities;
- support development of RAMP internally to enhance the efficiency and increased capacity of staff through supportive online capabilities;
- de-bug and trouble shoot issues working to ensure a timely resolution;
- document, educate and communicate frequently asked questions and best practices related to the SMS;
- provide administrative support for communication and marketing strategies through the RAMP website
The AMS will work with accounting Staff, acting as the primary processor and problem solver, and perform the day-to-day processing of financial transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up-to-date and accurate manner.
- Manage receipt and processing of payables and receivables:
- Manage bi-weekly cheque run
- Complete bi-weekly deposits
- Follow up on outstanding accounts receivable
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Reconcile transactions with bank accounts
SSA, in partnership with Sask Sport, provides reception services for the tenants of Mosaic Stadium. The AMS is responsible for fulfilling these duties from the front desk on a Monday to Friday schedule from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Support all aspects of general office operations
- Answer telephone and direct inquiries to appropriate staff members
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail, faxes and email
- Greet and direct visitors of the Admin Centre at Mosaic Stadium
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing and filing
- Complete bookings for Mosaic Stadium Boardroom
With a focus on building “community” the AMS will be a first line of contact with SSA Member Organizations to support their participation in the SSA. The AMS is responsible to develop and maintain positive working relationships with SSA Members.
- support the gathering of feedback from membership through the use of various online mediums and be a contributor to the member and organizational development strategy;
- keep SSA staff informed of relevant issues related to membership.
Degree or diploma in a related field (Computer Science, Sport/Recreation/Business Administration) and relevant work experience.
- High level of proficiency with database development, management of online platforms including website and social media, general office technology and computer applications including Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge of database software is an asset, no previous experience on RAMP is required, the selected candidate will receive full RAMP training to ensure effectiveness in this role.
- Experience confirming a strong administrative background in the relevant skill areas.
- Experience in a non-profit organizations and interest in sports and/or soccer management are an asset in this role.
- Well-developed oral and written communications and inter-personal skills and ability to communicate effectively via email or over the phone to maintain positive relationships with members.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Maturity, assertiveness, conflict resolution, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Accounts receivable and payable processing background is an asset for this position, including reconciling income received and ensure all supporting documentation in place
- Proven ability to work in a team environment in leadership, mentoring or support roles.
- Ability to function at a high level with multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- SSA administrative staff are cross trained to support other areas; experience in communications and sport event management would be an asset in this role.
- Clean Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and soccer in Saskatchewan is an asset.
Apply by email including resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application end date – the position will remain open until a qualified applicant is confirmed.
This posting is open only to applicants currently eligible to work in Canada and available to work in our Regina office. The employer is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability. The employer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.