Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association – Youth Engagement and Parks Assistant
Closes on: March 4, 2024
Full-time, summer term
Wage: $18 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
Term Length: 16 weeks, negotiable between April 19 and August 30, 2024
Employment Site: SPRA Regina Office (local Telework options negotiable)
Are you looking for summer employment that focuses on growing your skills and providing you with mentorship?
If you answered yes, the Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA) would love to hear from you! We’re seeking a motivated and energetic youth to be our Youth Engagement and Parks Assistant, a position committed to supporting the programs aligned with Parks, Open Spaces, and Youth Engagement services.
Through an immersive mentorship and employment experience, the position will strengthen your existing skills and allow you to gain new experiences that support your career aspirations. Through this position, you will obtain direct project management, client service, communication, research, and writing experience while benefiting from mentorship with long-term Team Members of SPRA.
Further detail is available in the Job Description, available at: www.spra.sk.ca/opportunities/job-opportunities/youth-engagement-and-parks-assistant.
Who is Our Ideal Candidate?
An individual who:
- Is between the ages of 18 and 30.
- Is legally entitled to work in Canada (as either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or is a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
- Has post-secondary education or experience in any of the following fields: recreation, community development, tourism, environmental sciences, landscape management, kinesiology, history, geography, biology or equivalent – with working knowledge of the recreation/parks delivery system. Experience in program development and/or administration is an asset.
- Has knowledge of, or interest in learning about, the principles, practices and benefits of parks and recreation.
- Already possess or show a desire to learn skills and abilities relating to communications and marketing.
Who is SPRA?
We provide the connections, education, and inspiration for communities to create parks and recreation spaces for the benefit of everyone in Saskatchewan. We do this through the delivery of specific services, including those that will be supported by the Youth Engagement and Parks Assistant: Communities in Bloom, HIGH FIVE®, Play Leadership, and Take the Lead!®.
Why Work for SPRA?
SPRA provides an immersive mentorship opportunity, allowing the Youth Engagement and Parks Assistant to gain and strengthen skills to assist in achieving future career aspirations. SPRA is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the province that we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from those who will help us honour this commitment.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail by 9 a.m. on Monday, March 4, 2024:
Karen House (she/her)
Consultant – Leadership, Evaluation and Human Resources
Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
#100-1445 Park Street
Regina, SK S4N 4C5