Saskatchewan Horse Federation – Competitions and Communications Coordinator
Closes on: April 20, 2021
The Saskatchewan Horse Federation (SHF) is the provincial sport governing body, responsible for the oversight of equestrian sport and industry in Saskatchewan, representing more than 4000 members and 135 clubs across the province. SHF’s mission is to deliver value to SHF members through initiatives in sport, industry and other equine activities, while upholding high standards of equine welfare. SHF promotes a variety of programs and events for our athletes in Saskatchewan ranging from grassroots programs to the Olympic podium.
SHF is now accepting applications for the Competitions and Communications Coordinator position. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Competitions and Communications Coordinators will work closely with the VP of Sport and all Chairs from sub committees that fall under the VP of Sport. This position in in Regina, SK.
The Competitions and Communications Coordinator (CCC) responsibilities:
- To tabulate show results submitted to SHF (Heritage Circuit, Prairie Cup Series and Heritage Provincial Finals) and ensure accuracy of those results.
- To provide verified show results to the Awards Committee for Year End awards preparation and any other awards that are required throughout the year.
- To approve and maintain records for Heritage Circuit and Prairie Cup Series show applications.
- To approve and maintain event sanctions and show permits.
- To approve show class lists.
- Coordinate the distribution of information and services to all member associations.
- Ensure areas of the website relating to Heritage Circuit, Prairie Cup Series and Heritage Provincial Finals are current and accurate.
- Provide timely responses to all requests received from members and member clubs.
- To work with the staff and Board of Directors in developing and executing the annual communications plan.
- To support the Executive Director and Board of Directors in sponsorship development.
- To develop external communication material including membership brochures/applications, general brochures, newsletters.
- To develop public relations communications, including social media messages and create online and social media content that engages audiences and positions these platforms as primary communication tools.
- Social media maintenance – website, Facebook, Instagram and SHF Newsletter.
- To oversee member-driven content to ensure it remains closely aligned to SHF’s values and Code of Conduct.
- To capture and share SHF
- Will assist the Lucky Horseshoe Raffle Chair in the management of the annual raffle.
- Will process individual and club memberships.
- Along with other staff, to attend SHF events and provide onsite program support as needed.
- To oversee development of print and electronic materials and Federation clothing ensuring image, logos and style align with brand standards.
- Provide reporting for annual follow up report.
- Provide written reports to all Executive Committee, Board of Director meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Support educational opportunities and initiatives.
- Development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for the CCC duties
- Answer emails and phone as required.
- Will participate in professional development programs that may be deemed appropriate from time to time by the management.
- Offer opinions and practical suggestions on improvements to office procedures.
- Constructive and innovative ideas are encouraged and welcomed.
- Other Duties, will include but not limited to:
- Assist all levels of Board and committee members when required.
- Assist other staff members when required.
- Assist with members questions daily.
- The Competitions and Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and takes direction from the VP of Sport and all Chairs from sub committees that fall under the VP of Sport. The Competitions and Communications Coordinator is a staff liaison member on the Heritage Circuit, Prairie Cup Series and Heritage Provincial Finals Committees and holds no voting privileges on those committees.
- The Competitions and Communications Coordinator liaises externally with:
- Equestrian Canada
- Sask Sport
- The Summer Games
- Other PSGB’s & PTSO’s
- The Competitions and Communications Coordinator has the authority to take necessary measures in the daily management of Federation approved plans, policies and programs. For actions required beyond these limits, the CCC is required to have decisions approved by the Executive Director, President and/or the Executive Committee.
- Other Skills & Knowledge:
- Capable of putting aside any personal “vested” interest in a specific equestrian discipline, person or place.
- Exceptional attention to detail, reading, written, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Self starter who can work independently with minimal supervision and under their own direction in addition to being a strong leader and team member.
- Capable of planning, implementing and following through on set initiatives to achieve desired results within specified timelines.
- Able to express ideas clearly and confidently.
- Detail orientated, resourceful, accepts responsibility for views and actions and is able to work effectively to see projects through to a successful end.
- Maintains effective performance under pressure and in changing situations & environments.
- Skilled in Project Management, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), using databases, spreadsheets, internet, email etc.
- Knowledge in budget preparation and management.
- Cheerful presence, personality and positive people skills.
- Other Responsibilities:
Other responsibilities shall be assigned at the discretion of the Executive Director commensurate with the skill set of the successful candidate.
Duration: Full time – 37.5 hours/week
Location: Regina, SK
Wage: $36000 annual salary
Please forward a detailed resume with three references by April 20, 2021 to:
Attention: SHF Competitions and Communications Coordinator position
Saskatchewan Horse Federation
Lisa Graham, President
We thank all of those interested, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
(No phone calls please).