Saskatchewan Games Council – Provincial Games Consultant
Closes on: February 29, 2024
The Saskatchewan Games Council Inc. is a non-profit organization that plays an integral role in advancing our provincial sport system. We believe that multi-sport games are critical to the development of leaders and communities for the future success of Saskatchewan and will help to create provincial pride, lasting legacies, and exceptional experiences. The Saskatchewan Games Council works in collaboration with a variety of partners to support development opportunities for athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, and communities through the hosting of multi-sport games.
The Saskatchewan Games Council is seeking a highly motivated individual who will champion the Saskatchewan Games program and contribute to other Games-related duties and responsibilities. If you have high work standards, a passion for sport, great leadership and interpersonal skills, and proven event management capabilities, we want you to consider joining our team.
- Overall management of the Saskatchewan Summer and Winter Games program.
- Provide consulting support and sport technical expertise to multi-sport games host communities within the province.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the bid to host process for the Saskatchewan Games.
- Effectively lead the sport selection process for the Saskatchewan Games.
- Work effectively with the Provincial Sport Organizations and Districts to successfully fulfill their roles and responsibilities relative to the Saskatchewan Games.
- Review and update Saskatchewan Games policies based on research of best practices for multi- sport games.
- Enhance relationships and build awareness that will encourage increased diverse sport participation in all multi-sport games.
- Oversight and leadership to the Regina and Saskatoon coordinators who will support the administration and logistics for their respective teams.
- Assist with logistics and preparation of Team Saskatchewan’s participation at the Canada Games.
- A servant leader with talented facilitation skills.
- Success with planning, delivering and evaluating events (preferably in sport).
- Gold medal people skills with the ability to effectively maintain and develop partnerships and collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- An implementer of change with the ability to discover new and innovate ways to deliver programs.
- Detail-orientated, innovative, adaptable, and resourceful.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets and interpret financial reports.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in sport management, business, or related fields or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in sport, event management, or a related field.
- Experience working with and understanding the role and value of volunteers.
- Experience working with a non-profit and the amateur sport system in Saskatchewan and Canada is considered an asset.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer programs, specifically MS Office and Google software.
The Saskatchewan Games Council Inc. offers a competitive salary, including a comprehensive benefits plan and a defined contribution pension plan.
- Full time (37.5 hours/week), permanent position reporting to the Executive Director
- Occasional weekend and evening work can be expected as will travel throughout Saskatchewan and Canada.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will work out of the Regina office; however, some flexibility may be considered.
The Saskatchewan Games Council Inc. is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all individuals and offer reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process and employment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining how your qualifications and experience align with the position requirements. Applications can be sent to HR@saskgames.ca by February 29, 2024.
We appreciate all applications, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.