Saskatchewan Fencing Association – Executive Director
The Executive Director will report into the Saskatchewan Fencing Association (SFA) volunteer Board of Directors. The Executive Director will be responsible for the overall business and operations of the Association, leading the Association towards realizing the Multi Year Strategic Plan.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
Leadership and Management
- Works with the all parts of the organization to develop and deliver Multi-Year Strategic Plans, long-term business plans, and annual goals and objectives
- Ensuring the strategy, culture and daily work is embedded across the organization
- Oversee and effectively manage the daily operations of the organization, providing executive direction of all program strategy, compliance, quality assurance and program efficiency
- Foster a positive, engaging and collaborative work environment throughout the association
- Build and maintain relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to support the Association’s strategic objectives
- Lead by example by demonstrating a passion for delivering an excellent overall member experience
- Promote an environment that encourages continuous learning and facilitates a culture of continuous improvement
- Enhances the Association’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Develops and oversees operational plans that implement the Associations strategic plan, achieve its annual and longer-term goals and objectives
- Responsible for the effective monitoring and administration of the Association’s day-to-day operations and facilities
- Manage reporting and information to ensure delivery of relevant information to facilitate proactive, data driven decision making at all levels of the organization
- Responsible for the Association’s overall human resource and talent management strategy and plan, including the recruiting, management, and retention of qualified staff
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all relevant legislation and regulations
- Ensure risk management activities take place to reduce and control potential risks to the organization
- Ensures all correspondence is handled in an effective and timely manner, including member concerns, mediating responses and implementing action plans
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts
- Perform other assigned duties
- Financial Performance and Viability
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Association, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Provide financial leadership by managing within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a long-term positive financial position
- Develop, drive, and ensure the internal controls and processes required to effectively monitor financial performance and achieve annual targets, including financial stability of the Association.
- Maintain and be accountable for a disciplined and transparent management reporting process
- Responsible for developing and pursuing all appropriate revenue sources, including fundraising, government grants and sponsorship opportunities, other revenues necessary to support the Association’s mission
- Leads Saskatchewan Fencing Association in a manner that supports and guides the Association’s Vision and Mission
- Participates and contributes to strong governance with the Board fostering an effective, collaborative relationship.
- Identifies, assesses and informs the Board of any issues affecting the organization and provides recommendations to address them.
- Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Post-secondary degree
- Three or more years experience or executive leadership role in sport administration and management, not-for profit sector, facilities management, or a business-related field
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and effectively communicate the organization’s strategic mission and future to the staff, board, volunteers and the overall community
- Demonstrated ability to lead, oversee, and collaborate with staff
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Proven success working with a Board of Directors
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation for non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of fencing is an asset
- Travel throughout the province to attend SFA events and tournaments.
- Ability to work weekends
- Work from home
Remuneration/Anticipated Time Commitment:
- Half time commitment – salary negotiable.
If you have proven leadership experience and believe you have the skill set
for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter electronically to:
President, Saskatchewan Fencing Association Board of Directors
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.