Sask Sport – Communications Specialist
Closes on: January 28, 2022
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, and strategic Communications professional to join our Sask Sport team. This position will support Sask Sport—and its entities (including Sask Lotteries)—in its various communication initiatives that support the lottery-funded sport, culture and recreation system and enrich Saskatchewan communities.
The primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Develop, manage and maintain communications plans and strategies for a variety of Sask Sport and Sask Lotteries initiatives and programs.
- Management and supervision of other communications staff on projects included in the communications strategic plans including editing content for a variety of audiences and vehicles including media releases, social media, newsletters, annual reports, brochures, backgrounders, web and online content, feature stories, speeches, reports, production scripts, advertising creative, articles, human interest stories and testimonials.
- Write, edit and collaborate on communications projects in a variety of formats (feature articles, social media posts, speaking notes, etc.).
- Develop, collaborate and be an active participant in media relations strategies and plans.
- Develop, manage and maintain social media strategies for various channels.
- Develop and be accountable for budgeting related to projects.
- Liaise with community groups, provincial and national partners.
- Coordinate and advise for crisis management situations for the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional writing (corporate and creative), editing and proofreading skills for a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Ability to communicate key messages in a clear, engaging and appropriate manner for the intended audience and format of delivery.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic communications plans.
- Ability to offer sound strategic communications advice.
- Knowledge and skills to direct and/or produce audio, video and online content.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience with developing strategic social media plans that work with traditional media to achieve goals, as well as developing and managing social media channels.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple projects.
- Energetic self-starter that enjoys a challenge and works toward positive and measurable outcomes.
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets.
- Understanding of research and ability to conduct online research and focus groups.
- Professional mannerism and discretion in handling confidential information and materials.
- Ability to assess situations, problem solve and institute solution in time sensitive scenarios.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in marketing/communications and 5 -7 years’ experience in a relevant field (marketing, communications, journalism, community relations, digital media, etc.)
- Experience in supervision.
- Experience in sport-related field considered an asset.
Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience would make you a great fit for this position by January 28, 2022, to:
We thank all applicants for their interest in Sask Sport, however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.