Regina Community Basketball Association – Executive Director
The Regina Community Basketball Association (RCBA) is a non-profit youth basketball organization looking for a highly motivated, very organized, detail orientated, and positive individual to manage all facets of league operations.
Position: Executive Director, Regina Community Basketball Association
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Duration: Full-time, permanent (must be able to work flexible hours while the league is in season)
Reports To: RCBA Board of Directors
The Executive Director will serve as Chief Operations Officer for RCBA to ensure:
- Goals, objectives, and policies established by the Board of Directors are achieved.
- Involvement in the yearly strategic planning process for the organization, providing recommendations and suggestions for league enhancement.
- The RCBA delivers its leadership role for basketball organizations in the city and promotes the growth of basketball in our community.
- The RCBA’s business holdings are properly overseen by exercising leadership and direction that will promote the efficient operation of the organization.
- Oversite and accountability for RCBA’s corporate planning, league operations and administration applications, finances, marketing/ sales, and administration for the Board of Directors.
- Recruitment, training, evaluation, retention, and oversight of the league’s volunteer coaches.
- Supervision of 1 full-time employee, 2 contracted employees and approximately 150 causal employees and 300 volunteer coaches.
- Sound financial and business experience with a firm background in bookkeeping, financial reporting, payroll, and budget development.
- Basketball experience and in-depth knowledge to help establish goals and grow the sport of basketball for officials, coaches, and athletes in Regina.
- The ability to navigate the local and provincial basketball network to maintain current and seek out new partnership opportunities. This will include financial, marketing and sport organizations.
- The ability to work with partnering organizations (SaskSport, Basketball Saskatchewan) to enhance working relationships and maintain funding levels.
- Technical proficiency with a variety of software and platforms, included but not limited to: accounting software – QuickBooks, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TeamLinkt, Twitter), Adobe InDesign, MS Office applications (Word and Excel), website maintenance on a WYSIWYG platform, and human resources scheduling applications.
As a preferred candidate, would have a post-secondary degree in Administration, Sports Administration or Kinesiology and/ or one to two years related experience, preferably in Sports Management (an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience would be considered).
Submission Instructions: Email cover letter & resume to: RCBA President, Carla Cramer email@example.com
Thank you to all who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.