Huskie Athletics and USask Rec – Business Development Coordinator
Closes on: January 19, 2022
Purpose: Situated on Treaty Six Territory and the homeland of the Métis, the University of Saskatchewan is home to USask Rec and Huskie Athletics, the sport and recreation hub to the campus and surrounding community. Utilizing the recreational facilities and spaces on campus this position will be responsible for the development of revenue-generating programs and offerings through USask Rec and Huskie Athletics.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Associate Athletics Officer, Development of Huskie Athletics & and Director of USask Rec, this position handles fast-paced work, and is subject to constant internal and external deadlines. Establishing and maintaining positive relationships is essential to success. The incumbent maintains meaningful relationships with various stakeholders in the community, and Huskie Athletics and USask Rec staff. From time-to-time there will be need for evening and weekend work.
Typical Duties or Accountabilities:
- Identify and develop new revenue generation opportunities through USask Rec and Huskie Athletics programming such as but not limited to: child and youth sport camps, sport academies/schools/clinics, strength and conditioning programs, coaching clinics, fitness & recreational programming (such as Tumbleweeds), etc.
- Liaise with colleagues in Huskie Athletics and the College of Kinesiology to develop implementation plans for new/expanded programming
- Act as a representative of the Huskie Athletics and USask Rec brands, to build relationships with new and existing clientele to build revenue generation and partnerships with the community
- Develop and promote programs with partner organizations such as amateur sport governing bodies
- Expand and develop new programs and service offerings through Huskie Health and the Human Performance Centre at our facilities including the Ron and Jane Graham Sport Science and Health Centre at Merlis Belsher Place, the Physical Activity Complex, Education Activity area, and Griffiths Stadium
- Contribute to College of Kinesiology initiatives such as Youth Leadership Through Sport.
- Develop expanded and/or new variety of camps and programs offered throughout the year for young people to explore, develop and excel in various sports and activities
- Build business plans for programming that enhance space utilization; i.e. room scheduling and renting, facility and field rentals, strength and conditioning offerings
- Liaise with colleagues in USask Rec to expand the corporate sponsorship program in USask Rec that aligns with and enhances the Huskie Athletics corporate sponsorship program.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: A Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Kinesiology, or a business-related undergraduate degree is required. A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in program planning in a sport and recreation setting. Experience in developing and cultivating relationships and programs with national, provincial, and community sport organizations. Experience in budget planning and management, development and implementation of programs to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to assume leadership and accountability; effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise sound judgment based on discretionary decision-making, a strong awareness of how such decisions affects the University, Colleges, Huskie Athletics operations and community relationships.
- Business Development
- Business and program planning
- Financial acumen
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Paul Rogal at 306-966-1015.
Department: College of Kinesiology
Status: Term up to 12 months with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent
Employment Group: ASPA
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.0
Salary: The salary range, based on 1.0 FTE, is $64,107.00 – 100,169.00 per annum. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Family (if applicable): Specialist Professional
Salary Phase/Band: Phase 2
Posted Date: 1/5/2022
Closing Date: 2 Weeks. 1/19/2022
Number of Openings: 1
Work Location: May be eligible for hybrid/remote work under the terms of USask’s Alternative Workspace Guidelines
The successful applicant will be required to provide the following current verification(s) where ‘Yes’ is indicated below. Further information is available at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Criminal Record Check: Not Applicable
Driver’s License and Abstract Check: Not Applicable
Education/Credential Verification: Not Applicable
Vulnerable Sector Check: Not Applicable
The University of Saskatchewan has instated a number of health and safety requirements for faculty, staff and students in consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic. As of January 4, 2022, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment and proof of vaccination will be required. The University will consider accommodations requests for individuals in accordance with the requirements of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, 2018.